JOLIET – Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow would like to remind the public that the State’s Attorney’s Office at 121 N. Chicago Street in Joliet is a designated drop-off location for donations to Operation Care Package.
The Will County State’s Attorney’s Office is located directly across the street from the Rialto Square Theatre.
Operation Care Package is a non-profit organization dedicated to sending care packages and letters of encouragement to U.S. troops serving overseas. The organization mails weekly shipments of packages year-round and hopes to reach 10,000 service men and women this holiday season. So far the organization has assembled 1,000 packages, but is already running short on certain supplies.
“Operation Care Package needs our assistance in order to fulfill its mission to provide support and supplies for the brave men and women fighting overseas,” State’s Attorney Glasgow said. “The Will County State’s Attorney’s Office is proud to provide continuing support for this fine organization and its work.”
Operation Care Package is in urgent need of the following items to complete the care packages:
- Men’s black or white crew socks, brown or white t-shirts;
- Non-perishable food items such as coffee, dried fruits, nuts, beef jerky, protein bars, trail mix, instant oatmeal or canned fruit, tuna or soups;
- Batteries, vitamins, Tylenol, mosquito repellant, quart or gallon size Ziploc bags;
- New or used DVDs, CDs, hand-held games, card games, and sports equipment;
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, shaving cream and other toiletries;
- Donations for postage or first-class stamps;
- Cards and letters of support.
More information on Operation Care Package can be found on the organization’s Web site at http://www.operationcarepackages.org. For more information, call (815) 954-7438.