Child Support Enforcement Unit
Will County State’s Attorney James W. Glasgow’s believes that all parents have the responsibility to support their children and the State’s Attorney’s Child Support Enforcement Division provides free services to parents who are in need of help collecting, enforcing, and establishing child support orders. However, there are some circumstances that will not allow us to handle your case.
DO NOT fill out the Child Support Intake Form
at the State’s Attorney’s Office if
- The Illinois Department of Public Aid/Attorney General’s Office has been involved in your case in the past
- You have received any form of cash assistance in the past or present
- The person obligated to pay support lives out of the State of Illinois
- The person obligated to pay support is still married to you or is living with you
- Your divorce or child support file is in another county or state
If your situation does not meet the exclusion criteria listed above, you may come into the State’s Attorney’s Office, 57 North Ottawa Street, Fifth Floor, in Joliet and fill out a Child Support Intake Form and speak to an Assistant State’s Attorney. For more information, please call 815-727-8453.