State’s Attorney Glasgow’s Chicago Street office designated a drop-off location for Operation Care Package
JOLIET – Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow announced that the State’s Attorney’s Office at 121 N. Chicago Street in Joliet will be a designated drop-off location for donations to Operation Care Package.
Operation Care Package is a non-profit organization dedicated to sending care packages and letters of encouragement to U.S. troops serving overseas. The organization mails weekly shipments of packages year-round and hopes to reach 10,000 service men and women this holiday season.
“Organizations like Operation Care Package provide important support for the heroic men and women who are fighting overseas in defense of our country and our freedom,” State’s Attorney Glasgow said. “Donations through Operation Care Package remind our soldiers during the holiday season that we continue to honor their sacrifices. The Will County State’s Attorney’s Office is proud to support Operation Care Package in its mission: ‘Let no hero be forgotten.’”
Operation Care Package is in need of the following items:
- Non-perishable food items such as dried fruits, nuts, beef jerky, protein bars, trail mix, instant oatmeal or canned fruit, tuna or soups;
- New or used DVDs, CDs, hand-held games, card games, and sports equipment;
- Men’s black or white crew socks, brown or white t-shirts;
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, shaving cream and other toiletries;
- Batteries, vitamins, Tylenol, mosquito repellant, quart or gallon size Ziploc bags;
- Donations for postage or first-class stamps;
- Cards and letters of support.
“We appreciate State’s Attorney Glasgow’s willingness to volunteer his office to be a drop-off point for Operation Care Package,” said Pat Curran, a co-founder of the organization. “All of the items we provide to our soldiers are donated. This new drop-off location will make it more convenient for people to make those donations.”
State’s Attorney Glasgow also has proudly supported our military veterans by providing a new ADA-accessible, 20-seat shuttle bus for use by the Veterans Assistance Commission of Will County. The bus transports local veterans from Joliet to Hines VA Hospital where they receive necessary medical services.
More information on Operation Care Package can be found on the organization’s Web site at http://www.operationcarepackages.org. For more information, call (815) 954-7438.