WHEN: 9 a.m. to Noon, Friday, April 10
WHERE: The Edward Hospital Athletic and Event Center
55 Phelps Ave in Romeoville.
WHO: Presentations by:
- John Noak, Mayor of Romeoville
- Jeff Coady, Regional Administrator, SAMHSA
- Bill Foster, U.S. Congressman, IL District 11
- Randy Hultgren, U.S. Congressman, IL District 14
- Lou Lang, Illinois Representative, District 16
- Sam Yingling, Illinois Representative, District 62
- Larry Walsh, Will County Executive
- James Glasgow, Will County State’s Attorney
WHAT: HERO (Heroin Epidemic Relief Organization), Will County HELPS (Heroin Education Leads to Preventative Solutions) and the Southwest Coalition for Substance Abuse Issues will present federal, state and county officials who will share information about the latest legislation and public policy initiatives aimed at fighting the epidemic of overdoses stemming from the abuse of heroin and other narcotics.
Valuable information will be presented about wide range of prevention, treatment, legislative and law enforcement strategies that communities can adopt in the fight against heroin.
Information will focus on: the U.S. Office of National Drug Control 2014 Strategy; the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration strategic initiatives; the State of Illinois Heroin Task Force legislation; and the State of Illinois Young Adult Heroin Task Force report.
DETAILS: Photography exhibit preview by local photographer Chuck Jines who has spent years on the streets documenting the heroin epidemic that plagues Chicago and its suburbs
Heroin Addiction Services Resource Fair